How to Request a Backlink using Email That Gets Deleted Immediately or Laughed at and Then Deleted
Hi <generic person>,
Thanks for reaching out via email, but for a variety of reasons, no thank you:
- You reached out to an email address specifically used to request licensing images of mine rather than made any effort to find a more appropriate email address, contact link, or social media account which shows laziness and a shot-gun approach. I’m sure it works, just like most spam, if your outreach volume is big enough.
- You didn’t even bother using my name in your greeting. IT IS PLASTERED ALL OVER MY PAGE.
- You clearly have an interest in gaining a back link, spreading some sort of brand awareness, or social marketing yet not a single mention about what may be of benefit to me for hosting your infographic.
- You researched various smartphone cameras. Wonderful. How is any of that relevant to anything I write about, blog about, or care about?
- I looked over your site, and found nothing on it that would align with anything I write about, blog about, or care about.
- Your approach was clearly undifferentiated, uninteresting, unpersonalized, and unappreciated.
- Try again.
Videographer & Multimedia Journalist